The Human Resources Department provides a personnel policy that is fair and effective for employees and management. We strive to increase the promotions of Quinault tribal members into positions within the QIN utilizing Career Development and training. We strive to hire the best - qualified person for each vacant position, abide by all employment laws and policies that affect the QIN, assist managemetn in the interpretation of policies and procedures and maintain personnel records for all QIN employees.
Raven Bryson, HR manager
Phone: 360-276-8215 Ext: 4610
Contact Raven Bryson information regarding job openings.
Click here for: QIN application
Click here for: current job openings PDF file
Email applications to:
Job Openings: March 13th, 2018
Applications and job descriptions are available by contacting Human Resources. Employment offers are conditional on passing drug test, criminal records, or background check. The Nation supports Quinault Preference in all hiring.
A completed QIN Application must be received by the close of business on the closing date listed in order to be considered for a position.
Please attach a copy of any permits, licenses, certifications to your application that pertain to the position you are applying for!
POLICE OFFICER –CLOSES 4/6/18
This is a law enforcement position and applicants are required to have the minimum qualifications required for all law enforcement positions by the Quinault Indian Nation. This position will provide enforcement patrols of the areas that reside within the Quinault Indian Nation Reservation boundaries. Duties include: Enforce Law & Order, Community oriented policing, investigations, and arrests. Basic police training and/or previous law enforcement experience desirable. Must have HS Diploma/GED; be at least 21 years old on commissioning; able to pass background check, drug, psychological, and polygraph tests. Must have no prior felony or domestic violence convictions, and no history of substance abuse. Must have valid WA state driver’s license or be eligible to obtain one and have a good driving record, and have completed or be able to complete a certified law enforcement academy within 12 months. Applicant must be in good physical condition, able to patrol by foot and/or vehicle as needed. Supervisor: R Belcher
CASE AIDE TECH III (EHS HOME VISITOR) – CLOSES 3/26/18
Work with an assigned caseload of up to 12 Early Head Start families to support parents in strengthening their skills as the primary educator of their children. Align all actions to support agency Must have: HS diploma/GED, 2 years of experience working with children and families in a human service setting, valid driver’s license, adequate transportation, pass background check and drug test, willing to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of families. Supervisor: S Upham
HELP DESK ANALYST – CLOSES 3/20/18
Help Desk Analyst will provide a positive customer support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a professional attitude. This desired candidate will manage and support various desktop service offerings to Quinault Indian Nation. The desired candidate must have the ability to perform advanced root-cause analysis and corrective action planning related to the installation and repair of computer equipment and peripheral equipment. Position is leveled from a T6 G6 to P5 G10, Minimum Requirements:
* • T6 G6: High School Diploma, 2-years of information technology experience working in a help desk setting, and enrolled in ITIL Foundations certification with completion by the end of 90-day probation period, prior telecommunications help desk or technical support experience.
* • P3 G7: High School Diploma, ITIL Certification (Foundations), 3 years of information technology experience working in a help desk setting, prior telecommunications help desk or technical support experience.
* • P4G8: High School Diploma, ITIL Certification (Foundations), MCTS/MCP Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, or Microsoft Certified Professional, 3 years of information technology experience working in a help desk setting, Prior telecommunications help desk or technical support experience
* • P4 G9: High School Diploma, ITIL Certification (Foundations), MCTS/MCP Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, and Microsoft Certified Professional, 4 years of information technology experience working in a help desk setting, Prior telecommunications help desk or technical support experience
* • P5 G10: High School Diploma, Associates degree or program certification degree in computer science, management information systems, or a related field, ITIL Certification (Foundations), MCTS/MCP Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, or Microsoft Certified Professional, 4 years of information technology experience working in a help desk setting, Prior telecommunications help desk or technical support experience Supervisor: Jon Sutherland
SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR – CLOSES 3/20/18
Quinault Indian Nation is seeking a talented Senior Systems Administrator. They will be responsible for the operation, maintenance and support of the high-availability Windows Server platforms. Supports daily operations including monitoring, alerting, troubleshooting, capacity management, provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades, performance monitoring, tuning, and resolving incidents within Service Level Agreements. Administers multiple systems including regular after-hour and weekend support. Supervisor: Director of Technology
A+ and Network+ Certified and Microsoft Certification required, Cisco CCNA preferred.
* • P5 G12: An Associate's degree in computer science or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology, 5+ years of equivalent experience in information technology, A+ and Network+ certified
* • P6 G13: An Associate's degree in computer science or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology, 7+ years of equivalent experience in information technology, A+ and Network+ certified, MCTS/MCP Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist, or Microsoft Certified Professional
* • P6 G14: An Associate's degree in computer science or completion of an accredited vocational training program in an information technology, 7+ years of equivalent experience in information technology, A+ and Network+ certified, Microsoft MCSE or equivalent
BUILDING OFFICIAL - CLOSE 03/19/18
Inspect residential, commercial, and industrial buildings under construction, alteration or repair to assure compliance with applicable code requirements. Review individual and general mechanical and electrical work plans, building construction, and utilities systems during engineering, fabrication, construction, and/or operational phases of construction projects. Must have: BA in engineering, architecture or construction related field with one year of experience in a related field OR AA in engineering, architecture or building trades related field with three years of experience in a related field OR Five years of experience, preferably for a municipal body as a building inspector or building official. Supervisor: C Warsinske
TEMP MAINTENANCE TECH I Landscaper - CLOSE 3/16/18
This position will last up to 6 months. Responsibilities are landscaping duties such as operate lawn mowers, weed eaters, blower, chainsaw, and grass edger. Must be self-motivated, able to check equipment fluids, cut brush, pick weeds from sidewalks/flower beds, and be able to lift 50 pounds. Six months of experience,
A valid Washington State Driver’s license may be required.
Supervisor: R Shale
OBESITY/NUTRITION EDUCATOR – Re-Advertise CLOSE 03/26/18
Provide nutrition education services for youth and families to encourage adopting healthy food practices and active lifestyles throughout the Quinault Indian Nation (QIN). Manage and assist in writing/planning childhood obesity grants. Plan, schedule and deliver basic nutrition classes, food demonstrations, and other activities necessary to meet the objectives of the childhood obesity program. Provide and coordinate one-on-one nutrition consulting with parents and child to develop a wellness plan. Work with the fitness and wellness team to achieve a dietary and fitness plan. Must have: Registered Dietitian with a bachelor's degree in Nutrition or Dietetics related field and minimum 2 years’ experience in Nutrition/Community nutrition. Registered Dietitian (RD) license. Valid Washington State driver's license. CPR card. Supervisor: T Harrington
FORESTER (7, 8, 9) – Re-Advertise CLOSE 03/26/18
Timber sale preparation or sale administration duties on approximately 160,000 acres of QIR Land that produces over 45 million board feet of timber annually. Require to work in rugged terrain and inclement weather. Must have a bachelor’s degree (BS) with major study in forest management or related natural resources filed or an AAS degree in related discipline plus 3 year or applicable professional experience, Valid Washington, State Driver’s License, appointment will be subject to successful completion of background security investigation. Supervisor: Eric North
SPECIALIST V - NUTRITION - Re-Advertise CLOSE 03/26/18 Provide professional nutrition consultation services through education, counseling and program consultation throughout the Quinault Indian reservation, work with the WIC program to provide administrative services, supervise program staff members, willing to learn about traditional food practices. Must have: Master’s degree in public health or community nutrition, OR bachelor’s degree with major study in public health, community nutrition, or dietetics; AND 2 years’ experience in nutrition and food services management. Registered as a Dietitian by the American Dietetic Association or registration eligible. Valid Washington State driver’s license. Supervisor: N Underwood-Jackson
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (LPN) – Re-advertise CLOSES 3/26/18
Provide practical nursing services for family practice clinic. Collect vital signs on patients prior to visit with the provider. Observe record and report the general condition of patients. Collect samples such as urine, blood, and sputum, etc. from patients for testing and perform routine laboratory tests on samples. Must have: Possession of a valid license to practice within the State of Washington and two years of experience as a Licensed Practical Nurse. Supervisor: P Baron
Day Care or Head Start Aide/Cook*
Senior Program Asst/Cook*
**Cooks must have food handler’s card